Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nenjukulle...



With Shreya Ghosal and Chinmayee dominating most Tamizh songs, Shaktisree Gopalan sounds fresh. What a great find!

'Nenjukulle' reminds me of 'Raasave Unna Nambi' from Mudhal Mariyadai (Bharathi, my sister, agrees with me. Kaviperarasu's lyrics reeks of village flavor. I dearly miss our S.Janaki amma.) On the contrary, I am also reminded of 'Aval Ulaga Azhagiye' from Leysa Leysa due to the flowy tune and artist's rendition. I am sure ARR intended to do that.

Break free from cliches. Same goes to the director. I still can't come to senses about Maniratnam directing a religious story....


 

My brother's take on the movie: Kadal -  Maniratnam's Anbe Sivam. Kamalhaasan's convictions and personal beliefs, rather than Sundar C's, were very much evident in Anbe Sivam. So I reckon the writer Jeyamohan deserves kudos.

Here is my humble attempt of the hit song 'Nenjukulle'...

Song: Nenjukulle
Movie: Kadal
Originally sung by: Shaktisree Gopalan